Thursday, April 14, 2011

Old prints and New Series

These two are from a series of prints I made several years ago. I had kind of forgotten about these and stumbled across them while looking for something else this week. Now, I'm trying to remember the process and wondering if I can re-create it in my basement.

Yay! I remembered...this type of print is called a monotype, and it probably is possible to do this in my basement (a lot of printmaking requires special machinery and equipment). On a related note, there is a version of Dante's Inferno with really cool monotypes by Michael Mazur.



These were inspired by Klimt.
These are a series of sketches I made recently. I think these would make nice lithographs. I'll probably have to settle for quill and ink. Which is less labor intensive, so I guess that's okay.


Homage to Munch.

And finally, just so there's some color, this is a lithograph I printed on hand (my hand) dyed silk.

2 comments:

  1. these are amazing and michael mazur's inferno pieces are wicked. the robert pinsky translation of inferno with mazur's art is an amazing book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I agree (about the book)!

    ReplyDelete