Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ink drawing Poly Resined on Canvas

This project started off as an ink drawing on watercolor paper.
I sprayed the drawing with a matte glaze to fix the inks, then I used gel gloss medium to glue the drawing to a prepped canvas. When all was dry, I poured poly resin over the whole.

Lessons learned:
1. apply several coats of fixative. The poly resin still picked up a slight orange color from the ink.
2. make sure the corners of the drawing are firmly glued down BEFORE pouring the poly resin. I was lazy and thought the poly resin would glue them down better. Not. They still curled up slightly despite the resin. I'll need to go back and fix that.


3. Photograph the work BEFORE finishing with the resin.

As you can see from this photo, the resin is very shiny, making it hard to photograph the work and get a good representation. The colors are much more saturated than shown here, and a lot of detail (especially in the corners) is washed out.

8x10

1 comment:

  1. These look great, Sara! See, you don't need my help... especially with your new CoolPix camera! :c)

    ReplyDelete