Friday, August 13, 2010

Old work made new and a Commission

These were painted in 2005. They had been in storage until 2009. When we moved I decided to hang them in the house, and they have been exposed to sunlight during that time, but haven't faded noticeably. I varnished them today with one coat of permanent Liquitex Gloss Varish. The varnish retains a wet look after drying, which causes the paint to look as saturated as it did when first applied.

23.75" x 48.5"

30x35


This painting was an experiment with acrylic, watercolor pencils, and ink on wood. I sprayed the final painting with a fixative to prevent the ink from bleeding, and then I applied a layer of poly resin. The resin gives the painting a thick glass like coating. I really like the effect.

24x25

This painting was done in ink and acrylic and various texturing mediums, sealed with a coat of Gloss Varnish.

36x48

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

    Just Gorgeous work! What a VERY talented gal you are!
    Your friend,
    Becky D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back...:)
    So gorgeous! Very organic and fluid in nature...

    Do you give lessons by chance?
    I would LOVE to have Jenni study under you!

    Your fan,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Becky!
    I sent you a facebook message!

    ReplyDelete