Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Workshops at the Cedar Rapids Art Museum

In August of this year, I had the privilege of teaching two workshops at the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art.
The first was for young students between the ages of 5 and 12: The Science of Watercolor!

I taught very young kiddos some cool tricks for using watercolor, including crayon, salt, and rubbing alcohol. But the really fun part was painting with cabbage juice--and making it acidic or alkaline to get different colors!

I also was able to teach not one, but TWO adult workshops on watercolor basics! These Brave Beginners not only learned a lot about watercolor tools and techniques, but we also discussed creative mindsets and explored watercolor via mind stretching art exercises. This was so fun. And a couple weeks later I was rewarded by spying one of my students from the second adult class buying watercolor supplies at Michaels!

No comments:

Post a Comment